Small, itchy, spreading rashes and bumps in public part. Herpes?

I thought I was having a yeast infection and was told to take monostat. Then things got worse and i got bumps that look like cold sores and itching continued. I try to keep area dry but as condition worsened it was harder to reach in the infected area. Im taking benadryl and an antibiotic cream and hydrocordisone cream. The bumps and rash went toward my butt cheeks. I was told it could be herpes but there is no way! Is this an allergic reaction or worse??
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013