Small child, swelling above left ear, fluid under skin, no lethargy. Causes for symptoms?

Hi there, I woke up this morning to feed my 2 month old son and I noticed that he had swelling above his left ear the about the size of my palm (3-4inches in diameter) When I pressed on it, it seemed as if there was like a 1/4 of an inch of fluid under the skin. It did not appear to bother him. He is not lethargic and his pupils seem to be dilating alright... What could this be?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Considering the fact that the child is in good shape, is a good sign, This does not however rule out the fact that s its better to meet the primary care physician for a true diagnoses. You might be neglected a cold abcess ro something that mild reveal its self in the future. AS clear cut diagnoses from your doctor for reassurance in the best thing to do.
thanks, Luchuo, MD>