Small child, increased stool frequency, bleeding, mucus in stools. Dysentery or milk allergy?

hello my son has just turned 8 months ,few days back .i really don t understand what that thing is but i am really worried.15 days back i gave him an apple sauce in the morning and rice crushed and cooked in tetra pack ,milk. on that day he started to pass stool in small quantities but the frequency was increased . and at night he started passing mucous and bloody stool .next day i took him to doc and he gave the antibiotics and diagnosed him with dysentery .he was doing fine like taking feeds, no irritable attitude just blood in stool . i regularly gave him the medicine .between this time period i observed that the blood disappeared but again after two to three days it reappears in very very small quantity and once a pink streaked mucus line was also there,but just for once. now even after 10 days the consistency of his stool is not getting back, am confused that either it was milk allergy or it was dysentery or he teething .kindly help me out coz am really really very upset,that why his stool is not becoming thick.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012