Small child having red bumps on cheeks. Tried lidane lotion, severe itching, new bumps formed. Permanent cure?

I treated my 18 month old with lidane lotion as prescribed by the peds as directed. He had a few red bumps on his cheek and on the base of his neck and hairline... I treated those areas as well. The treatment was two nights ago. This AM, both cheeks have multiple red bumps and new bumps all over his body. The itching is obviously torturing him. I feel helpless. Side note: no one else has scabies .
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013