Small child, eye redness, watery discharge, nasal congestion. Cure for symptoms?

Hi my 2 yrs old got into the Christmas decorations (there were sharp metal stems from Christmas balls and one broken glass ornament) and after that his left eye became red and watering for over an hour and his left nostril keep running. He rubs that eye once in a while and it looks like it is bothering him. I wanted to rinse it with saline solution but he didn t let me..what shall I do?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Feb 2013
This is looking like left eye irritation because of local infection or foreign body irritation or allergy to some. Because of watery eyes nasal discharge is there from left nostril as there is communication will be there between eye and that side nasal cavity. So consult an eye specialist to look for any foreignbody lodgement or conjunctivitis and specific treatment.