Small child, bruise on abdomen below nipple, getting darker. Cause of alarm?

I have a 10 month old baby and we noticed a small bruise on her abdomen , about 2 inches below the nipple , a few days ago. We didn t really worry about it, since she s beginning to walk and crawl. But now the bruise has become darker and the center is raised, kind of hard and nearly flesh colored. This doesn t seem normal and because we re not sure how she got the bruise in the first place we re a little worried. Is this cause for alarm?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012