Small child, breathlessness, suprasternal retractions when taking deep breaths, circumoral cyanosis. Cause of worry?

My 7 year old son presents with shortness of breath, suprasternal retractions when taking deep breaths- he complains of not being able to get enough breath in . this has happened on and off for the past 2-3 months. Tonight these symptoms are accompanied by circumoral cyanosis . His HR is 88, RR 30-40 BPM. Should I be concerned? He is 95% height and weight for his age, very active in many activities, rarely sick
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013