Sleeplessness, digestive problem, appetite problem, acidity, worried. Solution?

Hi Doctors, My mother is affected with sleeplessness . We consulted a psychiatrist and he thinks that it might be depressive disorder. He suggested some tablets and said it might take months to cure this completely. Since sleep is affected, during day time she is feeling very annoyed. Stomach issues, digestive problem, appetite problem, acidity came and she is losing hope and confidence. She is expecting a quick recovery. Is there a chance of quick recovery within some days for this? Thanks, Srivignesh
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012