Skin inside the cervix is growing out and is big, get pain and light bleeding with normal discharge regularly, awaiting smear results. Serious?

Hello, I have been told by my doctor that the skin inside my cervix is growing out and is quite big. I am waiting for results of a smear... I have been getting pain and light bleeding everyday with my normal discharge . She said I will probably have to have the cells sealed off or something like that. Please can you tell me is this serious? Could it be cancer???
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012