Skin allergy with itching

Hi, i am 26 years old. i have skin allergy problem, its create itching problem. what can i do now. Thanking you, Taj
Asked On : Tue, 21 Jun 2011
you can take anti allergic medicine.
& ifyou don't get relief, consult dermatologist.
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Taj,

Welcome to HCM.
Skin allergy can be caused by various things, such as sunlight, some kind of clothes, soap / detergent etc.
First of all you have to identify what is causing the allergy. If the cause could be identified then that should be avoided, as far as possible.
Itching is not always caused by allergy. There may be other reasons for this. Best is to visit a dermatologist and let him examine you, do the necessary tests and then treat you.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello taj;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Skin problems and even allergy can be better treated after personally examination of a patient as there is lot of difference between allergy;and infections due to bacteria and fungi and accordingly the treatment changes so consult a Dermatologist (skin specialist ) for examination and proper treatment.Also if it is surely allergic you will have to find out the allergy causing reason and you have to keep away from it.
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi! taj,

Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Taj,I would like to know is it that you are getting raised red rashes in the body or you are getting itching without any skin lesions.
Generalized itching all over the body can be because of various reasons like it can be any focus of infection in the body or stomach or even teeth . You need to take first a de-wormis tablet for the infection in stomach,an antibiotic to take care of any tooth decay (if you have),and lastly a long course of anti histaminic tablet for itching.

You also need to see if there is any seasonal variation or not.
Other rare causes are then systemic or internal.
So if you can discuss in detail then we can help you better.

Dr.Bharat chawda