Six year old daughter having intermittent periumbilical pain with fever, diarrhea. Could it be due to appendicitis?

My six year old daughter started to complain of intermittent periumbilical pain approx 3 weeks ago. She awoke abruptly in the middle of the night with severe abdominal pain and fever. Within a couple hours the pain was gone and the fever was gone later that day. Since then she has had intermittent periumbilical pain. Nothing seems to relieve or worsen the pain. She started in yesterday with pain again and diarrhea . She has had 4-5 episodes of diarrhea. No blood in stools . No nausea/ vomiting . She is running a low grade fever today, however she did just get over a viral URI approx 2 days ago...but hasn t ran a fever for two days. I m unsure if this could be appendix, intestinal issue, or what other etiology. Do you have any advice? Thanks!
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013