Silent behavior, not taking bath, depression, lethargy, recurring condition. Treatment for poor mental health?

hi, my brother age is 28 yrs old, since he was 16yrs old, he use to go to silence behavior, he does not talk to any body, he does not take bath, he most of time lying in room, he talks himself some times, in a month mostly 15-20 days behave like this, when he comes out of his silence behavior, he talks more to the people and when he goes to take bath, first he wash all the area including wall & floor. Please advise me where have to go for treatment .
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012
Dentist, Periodontics 's  Response
thanks for the concern
your brother seems to have some psychological problem thats bothering him alot. he need moral support and counselling from all the famoly members, and you need to consult a psychiatrist for treatment approaches.