Side pain near scar after colectomy, lump under skin, hard, painful, swollen. Help

Hello. On Saturday I had a brief pain in my side just above my right hip, next to my scar where my ostomy bag was before they reversed my complete colectomy . Upon touching the area, I felt a lump under my skin, odd in shape and hard (it reminds me of a long marble). It was slightly painful but not bad but with my medical history I went to the er just in case it was a blockage. After a single film X-ray and a CT scan , I was told it was possibly gas and released. Now the lump feels the same, the muscle around it seems tight and maybe swollen, and it has a bruise spreading over the lump. I am terrified that I am dying or something and the er doc seemed unsure so the does not help. Please help! I don t know who to see or where to go!
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  157 Awaiting Answer