Sick with bronchitis. What does chest pain and tenderness indicate? What can help?

Hi my name is Jake, I am a 27 year old male my height is 6 1 I weight about 225lbs. A few weeks ago I was sick with bronchitis due to the air conditioning in my car. I also am a smoker. Lately I have been expieriancing sharp chest pain in my mid and lower rib cage area. The area it s self seems tender and sensitive to touch or pressure. It is especially pain full when coughing, sneezing , or laying down and then sitting up also when taking deep breaths. I ve had this pain for about four days now and it doesn t seem to be going away. I have been using muscle relief bath salts as well as a muscle and joint cream which doesn t really seem to be doing anything. Or at least not much. I was wrapping my chest but the pressure from the wrap made it hurt worse when coughing, sneezing, ext. what are your suggestions and any diagnosis of what it could be. Thank you. Sincerely - Jake
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012