Shoulder pain radiating to neck, feeling like electric shock, x-ray shows spasms. Suggestions?

Since I was young I had bad shoulder pain (right) that slowly over the years became shoulder and neck pain . It would feel very very tense n It hurt to look down. It would b the back of my shoulder and up the curve of my neck. It actually got to be tolerable over the years but sometimes out of no where I will get a very short and intense electric shock feeling in my neck. Last week I see separated my ac and during X-rays he said I has some spasms going up my neck and something was worn in the curve of my neck. Sorry ant remember what the word was. It was just a pa at an after hours clinic so he didn t tell me much. Now the shocks are all day just less intense and kind if in my shoulder too
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012