Shoulder pain, breathing shallowly. Diagnosed with pericarditis. Taking motrin and cochicine. Pain relief gel?

Hello. I was diagnosed with acute pericarditis about two weeks ago from the hospital. I've been taking motrin and cochicine around the clock. I thought it was almost gone about a week ago, but now I have shifting pain. I'm either breathing really shallowly and have pain when trying to lie down, or I have throbbing pain in my shoulder. Is there some type of cooling gel that I can take to ease the shoulder pain?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013