Should I wear a thong when I have my period ?

should you wear a thong when you have your period ?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Of course! you have two main options. the first is to wear a tampon. this is the most effective. The second is to wear a thong pantyliner. these work on low flow days but not very well on heavy days.
Of couse you can. Just be sure to wear a tampon when wearing a thong during your period. You don't feel a thing when you have it in you, but be sure to change it every 5-8 hours.
Psychiatrist Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
You may wear a thong when you have your periods keeping in mind following things:
1. It is a personal choice as long you are comfortable.
2. Use a tampon and changing it frequently may be good.
3. You may use a liner if necessary.
4. Avoid spending too much time in water.
5. Always have an extra thong in emergency.

Hope this helps.
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Hi fidel!
Welcome to HCM.You can wear provided you are using a tampoon.Also change the thong every 5-6 hours to prevent infections.this only works if you have mild to moderate flow.Please donot use if you have heavy flow.Take care.