Shortness of breath. Diagnosed with COPD. Had smoking addiction. Is the breathing trouble due to COPD or mold exposure?

Hi Dr Christensen I have been diagnpsed with COPD sine 2004. Admidditely I smoked for 45 years and never really suffered other thab the typical smokers cough My work function was deminised in the least. In 2004 however, I undertook a renovation of a house whein in removal of the floor, I encountered black mould. I wasn t wearing a mask but I got sick that night and was extremely sick for 3 days. Af ter that time, I notice my shortness of breath and when I tested for COPD I only made 3 of the stand 5 tests. Since then, I have had breathing issues. Am I fooling myself withthe confusion of COPD and black Mold? No physician so far has acknowledged tghe black mold as a possible cuplurit. Can you advise?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013