Shivering , menstrual cramps. Something I should worry about?

Hi I woke up in the middle of the night shivering but I wasn t cold . I had a dream I was cold and shivering and I wake up doing the same thing but I wasn t cold. It calm down after a couple minutes. At the same time this was happening I was getting menstral cramps but I m not on my time also I had a very bad pain in my stomach on the right side. I never went through something like this is it something I should worry about?
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013
There are several possibilities. If you are sexually active and not on any contraception, pregnancy is a possibility. Cramping in this situation could possibly be due to tubal contractions, but, the severity points to the possibility of tubal pregnancy. Another possible cause could be the rupture of an undiagnosed ovarian cyst. Yet another option is some infection of the pelvis. Infections of the gut, appendicitis and renal infections also should be excluded. The pain is usually relieved in ordinary situation with an anti-spasmodic. Hope this helps.