Shin injury, severe bruising, swelling, painful to touch, lump formation. Prescribed antibiotics. Will blood dissipate?

I injured my shin falling a week ago. I went to get it looked at by my doctor who prescribed antibiotics, elevation and compression. He said it looked like close to a pint of blood collected from my knee down showing severe bruising even in my toes. Elevation and compression have reduced swelling but the lump at the impact area of my shin remains and my skin is pretty painful to the touch. Is there anything else I can do? After reusing and elevating my leg when I stand the pain is immediate and severe but passes. Anything I can do to move this along and will the blood collected eventually dissipate? Thanks Jim K.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Oct 2013