Sharp pains in lower abdomen, light aching after urinating. Mirena IUD inserted months back. Treatment?

Hi there! I am experiencing very sharp pains in my lower abdomen. When sitting or lying down, I feel nothing. When walking I can barely stand erect. It is more concentrated on the right side but I am also now feeling it on the left. It started last night and felt similar to the light aching you experience after urinating when you've held it too long. The pain has more than doubled throughout the day, and I am concerned if this could be something serious. No fever is present. I do have a mirena IUD that was inserted 7 months ago.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013