Sharp pain while urinating, defecating, burning sensation in pelvic area. D&C procedure done. Treatment?

I ve had 2 D&Cs done in the last two weeks. Before the second procedure, I began having very sharp pains when urinating and defecating. Not burning, but a sharp pain like I was passing a knife. I feel a kind of burning, painful sensation in my lower pelvic area where my bladder or uterus would be. After I use the toilet, it hurts to sit at times. What could be going on?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013
Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
It appears to be the urinary tract infection, may or may not be related to the D&C . You are not expected to have a procedure when you have these symptoms.
I advise you to consult a urologist for diagnosis and treatment.You may need to have a U.S. scanning to exclude the kidney stones.
I usually prescribe to my patient with such symptoms cifixime, mefanamic acid, and dicyclomine hydrochloride till the investigations are done.
Take more of green leafy vegetables, pulses, sprouts,and
protein rich foods to have a early recovery.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
From history it seems that you might be having infection in your genital tract and urinary tract as well.
Consult Gynaec and get examined.
A course of one antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicine will give you relief.
Take plenty of water.
Keep local part clean and hygienic.
Ok and take care.