Sharp pain radiating from belly button to abdomen. Due to displaced navel?

I been having sharp pain radiating from my belly button towards the side of the abdomen for close to a year. Family dr and GI has already checked me out for hernia and other things...seems to be fine. I am from and grandma is telling me that my naval is out of place...I told that to the GI he laughed at me. Grandma told me that when i wake up on a empty stomach I should be able to feel a beat around the naval. I tried that...not able to find that and grandma is saying that navel is out of place. I am basically lost now as what it may be???
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013