Sharp pain in shoulder joint and swollen wrist. Is lupus hereditary?

hi,last yr i woke up with pain in heart and had my left hand numb folded on my stomach for 4 days felt very cold and num after doing massage every 2hrs was ok on 5th day, but now i have pains in left shoulder joint hurts while trying to put coat sleeve, cant band backwards etc, i have painkillers but helps few hrs ,i m on predisolone stieroid for change,had exray taken it was ok blood shows flare in it doctors think it is arthritis but not sure as i feel tired all the time, my wrist on right hand is swollen,knee on righthand side is swollen, some times both ankle gets swollen sometimes face aswell.has lupus in family ,if lupus can be heridity factor is it possible that it is signal towards it.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013