Sharp pain in right thigh, pain while playing with discomfort. Has the muscles strained?

A little over a week ago, when I was getting out of the car I felt a sharp pain in my right thigh. Since then I ve been playing soccer and when I run and kick the ball I still feel pain in my thigh. It s not a sharp pain, but it s enough to feel discomfort. Is it a muscle/ tendon strain or could it be something severe? Should I rest it out for a couple of weeks and slowly start playing again? Thank you for you reply.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012