Sharp pain in chest. Normal x ray, clear lungs, suffering from condylitis. Treatment?

Hi, I experienced some sharp pain in my chest on Saturday morning and have been experiencing pain when I try to lift something from the ground. The pain is experienced more on the right side, even when trying to lift something with my right hand. I went to urgent care and and EKG confirmed my heart is okay and an X-ray confirmed my lungs to be clear too. I was told to take anti-inflammatories. The Dr. said I have what they call Condylitis, however, he never gave me any good reason as to what causes it. Would you please tell me what causes it? I had the same pain one week ago and it went after one day, but this time this one seems to be lasting longer? what triggers it, and how can that be prevented? Thanks!
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013