Sexually active, multiple polyps on vaginal wall, normal skin color. Treatment?

Im 50 years old, healthy weight and height, sexually active with my husband, and he recently found multiple polyps on both sides of my vaginal wall a few weeks ago. They seem to be multiplying. we have been trying to figure out what they are on line. They are normal skin color, not white and are like little sacs. what could this be?
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
Hello and welcome to HCM,
I am Dr Nilajkumar a consultant gynecologist and I will be helping you in your queries.
It seems that you may be having vaginal warts. They are fleshy colored papillary elevations and tend to multiply.
So please get a gynec examination, pap smear and HPV testing. Treatment may then be decided as per results after consulting your gynecologist.

Hope this was helpful.
Feel free to ask any further queries and I will be happy to help.
Thanks for using HCM.
Have a good day.
Dr Nilajkumar Bagde          
Consultant Obstetrics and Gynecology