Sexually active. Itchy, swolllen and uncomfortable vegina. Taking yeast infection medication. What is it?

I'm 18 years old and sexually active. I recently had sex, but with a condom on the whole time. Also, recently my vagina has become itchy and uncomfortable, giving off a little more discharge than normal and it's swollen. it hurts down by the bottom of my lips to touch. I have no health insurance and i'm not sure what's wrong. I got a yeast infection kit hoping thats what it is. but im not sure.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013