Sexual problems, pain in vagina while having intercourse, no burning, itching. Causes and treatment?

Hi my name is XXXX and for the past few weeks i have been having some problems in the vaginal area any time i try to have sex with my fiancee right as we are begging it hurts really bad and i cant seem to figure out why it doesnt burn or itch it just really hurts and when we are done i wait a few minutes and im fine as if nothing happened what do i do?
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Hello
Thanks for writing to HCM

Pain during intercourse may be due many reasons like dryness of vagina,problem in cervix,uterus,adnexa etc.
You need proper clinical examination and investigation.
Besides clinical examination,you need ultrasound of pelvis to rule out any pathology.
You should spend more time in foreplay.It will increase lubrication in vagina.

If dryness of vagina is the cause then estrogen cream can be applied.Proper treatment depend upon findings.

Hope I have answered your question.
Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan