Severe vomiting. Diagnosed as high BP, suggested chance of UTI. Taking tablets, BP not reduced. Any ideas?

A few days ago I had severe vomiting and couldn't even keep down water so after 36 hrs I went to the hospital where I was told I had very high blood pressure, later when they did a urine test there was a suggestion of a UTI. I have taken the BP tablets but it was still very high this morning. I have never had high blood pressure before...I am 70 yrs young and fit and healthy, maybe 5-6 kg overweight are the two related. I was given some antibiotics which I hadn't taken until lunchtime today
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013