Severe tiredness, swelling on face, blood in ears. What could this be?

Hi I am trying to find answers to my husbands illness . He has been incredibly tired almost unable to function for the last 5 months. His body hurts his face is swollen and now he has blood in hi sears. He went to doctor and all they did is tell him to do a nasal saline and take claritin. No tests or concerns that this has been affecting him for so long. He cant barely do his job let alone parent/play with our two year old and no household chores because he is more than beat when he gets home. Hes said on a few occasions he feels he is on his deathbed, and yet when we have sought help it leaves him hopeless to some degree. Do you have any ideas of what this might be or suggestions?Thank you for your time
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013