Severe sun burn in the legs, purplish, swollen, cannot bend, medicines, water, vinegar baths, no improvement. Suggestions?

my daughter got a severe sunburn on her legs which is now purplish and swollen. she went to the dr and got hydrocortisone and pain meds. this is day 4 and her knees remain swollen to the point she can bearly bend them and is still in fairly sever pain. she is drinking lots of water and taking vinegar baths. how long will the swelling last? should she return to her dr? thanks for your answer
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012