Severe stress, stomach churning episodes, anxiety, hypertension. Taking clonazepam and escitalopram. Suggest?

Hello Dr Bienfield I am a male 54 years old from India. I have been taking escitalopram 5 mg and clonazepam 0.5 mg combination in the night since June 2010 as advised by my Psychiatrist since I was under severe stress and had symptoms which included stomach churning (mainly in the night while sleeping), and some anxiety . All my anxiety symptoms gradually subsided over the next few months. I am also on some hypertension drugs for more than 15 years (My BP is normal) and take a statin (10mg) I asked my Psychiatrist whether I could discontinue the antidepressants. She said it was preferable that I continued them since they were in fact supporting me to avoid recurrence of my earlier symptoms which could recur and lead me to take other medication unnecessarily which my GP may prescribe. When I tried stopping the antidepressants even for 1 - 2 nights I had difficulty in getting normal sleep and felt half awake the whole night. Please advise Regards Vikram
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013