Severe shin bone pain after trauma, using hot and cold packs, no relief. Treatment?

Am a 73 year old who fell at bottom of sharp edge hardwood stairs and scraped shin bone badly one week ago. Medicated wounds o.k. and took anti biotics, but, overdid myself walking a property. Now i am bedridden as it is very painful to stand on it. Brusing and very sensitive soreness on and around my shin bone continues, and even draping my leg over the side of the bed starts the pain, I have used intermitent hot and cold which has reduced swelling but cannot stand or severe shin bone pain occurs. What else should I do to treat this and when will I walk?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012