Severe pitting edema in lower legs and feet since 6 months, fatigue, muscle weakness, shortness of breath. Lasix advisable?

I have had severe pitting edema for the past 6 months in my lower legs and feet. I have also had fatigue , muscle weakness and shortness of breath . I am a 36 year old female. 5 8 My normal weight is about 135 but with all of the extra fluid my weight has been as high as 155. I have seen numerous doctors and have so many tests. Everything comes back normal. Urine and blood tests show the kidneys are fine, EKG and blood work show the heart is fine, liver is fine, adrenal glands and thyroid is fine. I was finally prescribed Lasix last week and shed 13 lbs in 6 days, went from 143 lbs to 130, but I still have fatigue , muscle weakness and strange lumpiness down the inside of my arms. Local doctors say to just take the lasix and be happy but I am concerned. Do you have any advice or suggestions?
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012