Severe pain on the knee cap while stretching, tightness in the calf muscle. Vicodin does not help

A few weeks ago I went to stretch my legs and it felt like something was pulling in my left leg and trying to go over my knee cap and I had severe pain, now my pain doesn t stop and goes all the way down to my ankle. My calf muscle feels tight and tightens up even more when I walk. I had surgery on it back in 95 ( I had a placa and water). What could be going on and should I see a doctor. It keeps me up at night. I have Vicodin that I take for a shoulder injury that I have and that doesn t help the pain in my knee. Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012