Severe pain near right wisdom tooth, white spot. Applied Ambesol. Does it require immediate medical attention?

On upper back right side near where wisdom tooth would be coming in, my 14 year old has been c/o of pain for a few days that has now escalated to severe pain. She also just got her braces off. There is a white spot/ pimple with what looks like a fiber coming out of it. We had her apply ambesol to the area, but it didn t last long and she is in pain again. Is this considered an emergency that we should call her dentist or orthodontist on a Saturday?
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012