Severe pain in the neck radiating to the shoulder. Could this be due to long hours in front of the computer?

I am having severe pain in my neck that radiates down to my shoulder blade. This pain although itcomes and goes it is often times very painful and uuncomfortable. I have been a CNA for 7 years and as you may know this line of work can be hard on your back. But most of my pain is in the neck and shoulder. It lasts for hours and even days of non stop sharp pain. The pain is more intense when I relax my shoulders, lift or pull anything, turn my neck to the right or extended to the far left. I often times can not sleep and when I do I wake up with immediate and excruciating pain.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013