Upper back pain, neck pain, pain while stretching arm, fell down. Remedy?

About a week ago I was bringing the laundry downstairs well when I went to take my first step my sons sandels were there I didn't see them. I remember hitting the 1st step directly between my upper back and neck on the corner of the steps (which the first step is a landing and its wood flooring) I feel witj the laundry basket half way down the stairs. My upper back severly hurts along with any type of stretching my arms hurts my arms and back its a severe pain. When I turn my neck to the side I get sharp stabbing pains in my neck.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Oct 2013
Thanks for query on hcm.
Pain is there due to severe musculo skeletal injury.
There might be development of haematoma(collection of blood inside).
Ice application is the first step in this type of injury.
Otherwise start nsaid with serratiopepdise to subside pain and inflammation.
Local application of nsaid gel will be helpful.
You can take intra muscular nsaid injection if pain is severe.
It will subside within 7 to 10 days.
If pain is not improving much than go for x-ray to rule out any bony involving and consult orthopedician for further guidance.