Severe pain in shoulder, spine region, sudden spells of unconsciousness, get hiccups frequently. How can this be cured?

My mother is suffering from severe pain in the shoulder and spine region. She is 40 years old. Off late she falls unconscious suddenly. As a result of the unconsciousness her body becomes very cold . Sometimes she falls unconscious in sleep and it takes long time for us to get her into consciousness.She also gets hiccups continuously. Could you please suggest us what can be done further to bring her health back to normal. The doctors suggest that no surgery can be done. Can you suggest us a specialist and also let us know whom to contact further and if this can be cured.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012