Severe pain in lower legs, knees, lower back, buttocks, swelling with fluid. Reason?

Since August I have been experiencing sever pain in both of my legs. It began in my lower legs and knees. The knees would swell with fluid and would feel almost locked or as if they wanted to hyper extend. I am a cosmetologist of 26 years and am constantly standing. Since August the pain has worsened and now is appearing to be a scyatic nerve with pain in my lower back, buttocks , extending to the foot . I am concerned because when it originally started rest would relieve pain a great deal, however now the pain is 24/7 and increasing. There is a tremendous amount of fluid on the tops of my knees and I feel like two seperate things are going on. Any advice is appreciated. I have an appointment with orthopedist on Dec 26 and am considering seeing a chiropractor today.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012