Severe pain in anal region and unable to pass stools. Diagnosed as herpes, taking anti viral medicines. Solution to ease the pain?

Hi. i went to the hospital a week ago for anal pain. the doctor said i had little ulcer sores that could be herpes so he gave me anti viral meds and sent out tests. i have had anal pain now for 2 weeks and cant have a bowl movement. it feels like im passing glass and its unbearable. also the medication isnt even helping. could this be something else? and how can i make a bowl movement without being in pain? please help.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013