Severe pain and swelling after roll of foil paper dropped on foot. Area turned purple. Relief with ice pack

Hi. I dropped a roll of foil paper on the top of my part of my foot and close to my toe . At first my toe and the top of my foot swelled up and turned purple. I iced and rested. I can walk and move my toes and foot. It s been two weeks. The puple has since gone away but there is still swelling sometimes more swelling than others. However, now it gets red and not where the swelling is. Before the injury, I had just started training for a major duathlon I have in November. I can still cycle with little to no pain. But I need to continue my running training but I have not been able to continue to run. When I m barefoot, there s very little pain but when I am wearing shoes the pain is a lot worse.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012