Severe pain above ankle, sudden pain on lying down, sitting. Taking ibuprofen. Treatment?

I m having severe pain in my left outer leg below the calf just above the ankle. I can t relate it to a fall or sudden trauma to the area. I don t feel a lump; the leg doesn t feel specifically warmer than the other and I m not noticing any significant color difference in the area. It hurts practically all the time. If I m laying or sitting down, I feel pressure and sometimes a sudden punch to the area; it has severe pain when I get up to walk. I can t say that I really get any relief fm taking over-the-counter medications i.e. ibuprofen or aleve .
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012