Severe nose pain, swollen, headache, sleeplessness. Taking medication. Suggestions?

My husband has severe nose pain and it was swollen. The pain was just his nose but traveled to the bridge of his nose and behind his left eye. We are going on day 10 now. Some nights his cheek is swollen. He wakes in the morning and feels good but as the day progresses he is very uncomfortable, has a headache and then cannot sleep at night. The doctor thought it may be an infection and started him on Amoxicillin. He is on day 5 of a 10 day treatment. I am concerned that there is something bigger going on.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013