Severe migraines, leg pain. MRI shows black spots in brain. Causes for symptoms?

Hello, my mom had a MRI done a month ago on her brain. They said there are some black spots on her brain. She has been having migraines a lot, like massive ones, sometimes daily. She has always had spells of migraines. But lately, since her legs starting hurting real bad, to where she can barely move at all during the days (she had to quit work cause it got so bad) her migraines are worse than ever to where she is dazed, and confused and always tired...not herself. They say the black spots are memory loss ...I would like to know if that s really what it is or if it could be something else? And why are the migraines so bad?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012