Severe lower back pain. Uncomfortable taking muscle relaxers, painkillers. Advice?

Hi Monday will be two weeks that I have had severe lower back pain that If I lay flat on my back or stomach is ok, I can not sit for more then five minutes which immediately puts pain up my back and makes me feel like I have to pee constantly. If I walk or stand I am ok for a while but then my legs will go numb also. I got tested for a bladder infection and it came back clear so that's not the problem. Very uncomfortable taking muscle relaxers and pain killers. With out them I can not function
Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013