Severe knee pain, damaged cartilage, on physiotherapy, struggling to walk with walkers. Help?

my mother aged 67 is having severe knee pain and when consultation , doctor advised to go for knee joint replacement . As she is not willing to take the go for operating the knee joint , She is been taking for a phisotheraphist and given the treatment daily, This is been there from past 4- years and her cartilage got damaged, she had taken several pain killars and could not gain any results. She is overweight and could not walk , she is struggling to walk even with the support of walkers. Kindly let me know if you have nay suggestions available. Thanks Dev
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013