Severe inner ear infection, pressure in head, decrease in concentration levels, increased forgetfulness. Treatment options?

I ve recently been diagnosed with severe inner ear infection , and I have noticed my level of concentration has drastically deteriorated and I m now very forgetful and I feel pressure in my head so to speak. How can this be treated? What brain exercise can I do, except for reading because I do a lot of that even though I can hardly remember a thing. Secondly can this lead to madness? I m really worried, please advice
Asked On : Sun, 18 Mar 2012