Severe hip pain in the last stage of pregnancy. Given codeine and paracetamol to reduce the pain. Had synovitis in childhood. Should be concerned about the childbirth?

Hi my daugut uhter is due to give birth in around 2weeks she has severe left hip pain which is now effecting her mobility and unable to sleep at night. The gp gave her codeine for the pain but she is unable to take it on;y paracetamol the hip keep clicking and she feels her leg will give away.As a child she had synovitis when we were on holiday the doctor then told us she should not wait bear on it for a week then take it easy ,see our on gp when back in the country from time to time it became painful but then went off again now she is dueto give birth we have become very concerned obout what the labour may do to the hip? the pain is really severe 10/10 24/7 she is worried that if they give her painrelief it could effect how she will walk after ie epidural any advice will surely be very welcome thankyou mrs C.m Dahmani.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012